Monday, December 16, 2013

The Graduate, Are you trying to seduce me Mrs. Robbinson ?

1. Relate what was discussed in class or the text to the screening. 
The graduate is about a young smart college student that is tring to find his way, with his carrer, love, and money.   In class we talked about how this movie was targeted to college students like us.   During that time Civil Rights was going on, a war in Vietnam, and other social events.  This movie, we learned, was geared twords people in our age group. 

2.  Find a related article and summarize the content. 
http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/18530/The-Graduate/articles.html

This article says that this movie is  Essential.  "the film reflected the social-protest movement of the decade or romanticized youth for an older mass audience, it was undeniably a phenomenon of the era." I agree with this statement because there was many changes that was going on with the world at that time, and this movie tried to capture the view of the youth.



3. ) Apply the article to the film screened in class.

Like i said before this movie has tried to camputer the view point of a yound audeince.  Like we talked about in class many events were going on that many of the people at that time questioned.  

4.  ) Write a critical analysis of the film.
The graduate takes a different approach on telling a story. This is awesome and i really like the character dustin hoffmen plays.  He is relateable.  The only problem i have with this movie is the music selection. Many of the sceens emotions did not go with the music playing in the background.  In all this movie gave the story of a young man trying to find his self, find love ,and temptation.  I would recommend this movie to anyone who wants to know how it feels like to be a college student
 in the 60s

( x ) I have not handed in this assignment for any other class. 

2) ( x ) If I reused any information from other papers I have written for other classes, I clearly explain that in the paper. 

3) ( x ) If I used any passages word for word, I put quotations around those words, or used indentation and citation within the text. 

4) ( x ) I have not padded the bibliography. I have used all sources cited in the bibliography in the text of the paper. 

5) ( x ) I have cited in the bibliography only the pages I personally read. 

6) ( x ) I have used direct quotations only in cases where it could not be stated in another way. I cited the source within the paper and in the bibliography. 

7) ( x ) I did not so over-use direct quotations that the paper lacks interpretation or originality. 

8) ( x ) I checked yes on steps 1-7 and therefore have been fully transparent about the research and ideas used in my paper. 

Name: ___Ken Bradley             Date: ___December 5, 2013__________ 

No comments:

Post a Comment