Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Citizen Kane....Rosebud! Rosebud?

1. Relate what was discussed in class or the text to the screening. 
In class we discussed how the newspaper was the predominant form of media in the 1940's.  This is how the main character gained most of his money.  We also talked about the camera angles and how they ere veryimportant. From the beginning with the child outside playing in the snow and the mother and father in the kitchen selling him away.  To the love interest scene where at first  Kane and his first wife were at the table and how it was a montage over the years and the further and further away they were at the table.  I believe the class came to a general conclusions that this film is regarded as one of the best because of the camera angles and the use of the screenplay. 

2.  Find a related article and summarize the content. 

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2005-07-08/entertainment/0507080040_1_jed-leland-charles-foster-kane-orson-welles

this article talks about how this is concidered one of the greatist movies made.  And that it is coming up on the 50th year anniversary.  "
"Kane" was the film, more than any other, that made me fall in love with the movies. Since I saw it for the first time at age 12, I've watched it more than 60 times and never have been bored for an instant." i dont know about that thing about being bored but i i do agree with it.

3. ) Apply the article to the film screened in class.

This article talked about how Kane was involved in yellow journalism ( is a type of journalism that presents little or no legitimate well-researched news and instead uses eye-catching headlines ) and we talked about how important the Newspapers were in the 40's

4.  ) Write a critical analysis of the film.

The film begins with a news reel detailing Kane's life , and then from there, we are shown flashbacks from Kane's life. As the reporters investigate further, the viewers see a display of a fascinating man's rise to fame, and how he eventually fell off the top of the world. it has a reported trying to find out what his last words "rosebud" meant.  It it reviled to to the audience that rosebud is his sled that he had as a child.  In all i enjoyed this movie it had its feel of adventure mystery love and drama.  I would recommend this movie for anyone who enjoys movies 

 

( x ) I have not handed in this assignment for any other class. 

2) ( x ) If I reused any information from other papers I have written for other classes, I clearly explain that in the paper. 

3) ( x ) If I used any passages word for word, I put quotations around those words, or used indentation and citation within the text. 

4) ( x ) I have not padded the bibliography. I have used all sources cited in the bibliography in the text of the paper. 

5) ( x ) I have cited in the bibliography only the pages I personally read. 

6) ( x ) I have used direct quotations only in cases where it could not be stated in another way. I cited the source within the paper and in the bibliography. 

7) ( x ) I did not so over-use direct quotations that the paper lacks interpretation or originality. 

8) ( x ) I checked yes on steps 1-7 and therefore have been fully transparent about the research and ideas used in my paper. 

Name: ___Ken Bradley             Date: ___November 19 , 2013__________ 

No comments:

Post a Comment